John Deere Introduces Intelligent Boom Control on 800 MH-Series Tracked Harvesters
What is Intelligent Boom Control?
- Recently making its debut on the 900 MH-Series Tracked Harvester machines and now available on the 803MH, 853MH, and 858MH models, Intelligent Boom Control (IBC) technology is a boom tip guidance technology that improves consistent boom motion and speed throughout the harvesting envelope.
- Operators can control the boom tip and attachment position directly with one joystick instead of each independent boom cylinder function.
- The automation logic commands boom and jib functions simultaneously by monitoring special sensors in the boom cylinders.
- This technology also helps the operator maintain constant boom speed during parallel motion at any boom reach.
- IBC technology automatically adjusts swing speed and boom tip trajectory depending on working height, terrain, and work cycle requirements.
Intelligent Boom Control Benefits
- IBC technology promotes a reduced learning curve for new operators by providing intuitive operator assistance.
- The faster cycle times and more precise control require less finesse and hand-eye coordination for the operator.
- Tree damage is greatly reduced, especially during thinning applications.
- This technology also offers increased machine and attachment life by actively dampening all functions, protecting boom structure during operation.
- IBC also provides precise positioning of cut stems for use in TimberMatic Maps.
- 800 MH-Series Tracked Harvesters with Intelligent Boom Control technology are available for order now.
For more information about Intelligent Boom Control, please visit www.deere.com/en/tracked-harvesters/ or contact your local dealer.
Forest Machine Magazine is written and edited by a forest professional with over 40 years hands on experience. We are dedicated to keeping you informed with all the latest news, views and reviews from our industry.
To support us you can subscribe to our bi-monthly magazine which is delivered to your door from only £30 per year.
#homeoflogging #writtenbyloggersforloggers #loggingallovertheworld