HGV Class 1 Drivers – Falkirk FK2 7XU
James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK’s largest and most progressive timber companies with core activities in sawmilling, I-Joist and pallet manufacture. We operate five sawmills throughout Scotland; an engineered wood manufacturing plant in the north of Scotland and have pallet and packaging operations at fifteen sites across the UK. Weproduce high quality, British grown sawn timber for the construction, pallet, packaging, fencing and agricultural sectors; market-leading JJI-Joists for the housebuilding and construction markets and pallets and packaging for blue chip domestic and exporting businesses.
We are currently looking for permanent, full time, experienced HGV Class 1 drivers to join our team at one of our pallet sites in Falkirk. These posts report to the Transport Manager/Site Manager.
The successful candidates will hold a CPC licence and a digital tachograph card, preferably with a current counter balance folk lift truck licence. Applicants must have a flexible approach, with the ability to work as part of a team and operate individually. A commitment
to safe working practices is essential.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s Licence
• Must hold a valid Driver’s CPC
• 3 years minimum experience
• Be flexible to meet business demands as and when required – this may involve overtime and night shifts
• Be punctual and have a professional appearance
• Strong customer service orientation with a positive attitude
• Able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, using your own initiative whilst working individually, but also as part of a team
• Good overall understanding of health and safety
• Safely transport pallets to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
• Maintain daily & weekly time sheets
• Complete daily defect inspections
• Follow all Company Operational Procedures and QC Standards
• Maintain the service and appearance of truck
• Follow delivery/pickup instructions from dispatch note accurately
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Sales Coordinator / Transport Manager
• Ensure vehicles are loaded in a safe and secure manner
• Complying with the requirements of legislation & operating procedures relating to the use of driver hours
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• May involve manual handling, for which full training will be given
Please send your CV, stating your current salary to: – Donna O’Connor, HR Manager,
James Jones & Sons Ltd, Broomage Avenue, Larbert, FK5 4NQ by Wednesday 25th June or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be able to prove that they are eligible to work in the UK.
Timber Down Logging Inc is looking for experienced harvester operators. The applicant must be competent working on steep slopes. Must be able to process to high standards with good value recovery. Looking to take pride in their machine. Be a team player, reliable and turn up 5 days a week. Vehicle will be provided for work purposes. If you are interested please call Craig 207 316 8953. Fort Kent, Maine
WANTED operators for 8×8 forwarder, 14 ton excavator and tracked mulchers on harvesting and biomass work. HGV Class 1 an advantage. UK-wide operations. Send your details and a brief summary of your experience and qualifications. Usual Kingwell package and benefits. Permanent positions. email@example.com
We are looking to recruit a Service engineer based in our Llandovery workshop but travelling throughout UK and Ireland. Working hours are Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm. Full UK drivers license is essential with previous experience desirable but not essential. Must work well in a team and be able to work well under pressure. Salary is dependent on experience. To apply please send a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org