Operations Forester – South West Region
Ireland’s leading Forestry, Ecology and Environment company, Veon Limited has over 30 years forest management experience and currently manages over 30,000 acres of high-quality commercial forests in Ireland and Scotland. The value of these assets is estimated at over €100 million.
Our services are tailored towards maximizing the commercial benefits of forestry for our clients. We are constantly investing in our staff and systems to deliver the best possible results making forestry a profitable and rewarding enterprise for our clients. Veon is headquartered in Dublin and has four strategically located offices throughout Ireland in Kilkenny, Galway, Limerick and Leitrim.
We are currently recruiting an Operations Forester in the South West Region with an opportunity to work with an experienced team and to progress your career in forestry. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Operations Forester will be responsible for controlling all forestry operations in the South West Region covering Cork, Kerry and Limerick and you will be based in our Newcastle West Office.
Find Us On
- Arranging establishment, road, and harvesting operations in the region.
- Contractor supervision.
- Budget Control.
- To assist the Regional Manager with sales from time to time.
- Ensure maintenance of Veon health & safety standards.
Benefits of Operations Forester Role
- Competitive Salary
- Company vehicle
- Mobile Phone, Laptop and vouched expenses
- Professional Membership Fees covered.
- Company PRSA
- Opportunities for career development within a growing organisation
- Ongoing relevant training
- Team days.
Requirements of Operations Forester Role
- Relevant Third level qualification in forestry.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent IT and GIS Skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- Deadline orientated.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 29th January 2022
Forest Machine Magazine is written and edited by a forest professional with over 40 years hands on experience. We are dedicated to keeping you informed with all the latest news, views and reviews from our industry.
To support us you can subscribe to our bi-monthly magazine which is delivered to your door from only £30 per year.
#homeoflogging #writtenbyloggersforloggers #loggingallovertheworld
1 Year Subscription£0.00
2 Year Subscription£0.00
Embroidered Beechfield Beanie£9.95
Sustainable Logging: Powering The Planet T-Shirt£17.50 – £20.00
Sustainable Logging: Powering The Planet Hoodie£33.00 – £36.00