Opti 8 is the most modern computer on the market for forestry machines
PONSSE Opti 8 is a high-tech touch-screen ply computer designed for PONSSE forest machines. The design and design of the PONSSE Opti 8 is designed with user-friendliness, a large and accurate display, ergonomically good positioning in the cab and responsiveness, all of which improve the working conditions of the forest machine operator.
The new Opti 8 pc has more performance and memory than the previous version, which is reflected in speed and ease of use for the user. The storage capacity of your computer’s hard drive has been doubled to ensure future applications work.
– Opti 8 computer’s product design takes into account above all the suitability for a demanding forest machine environment. Ponsse is responsible for the computer’s product development together with the Group’s technology company Epec. The equipment is manufactured at Epecin Seinäjoki factory,” says Markku Savolainen, Product Manager, Equipment Automation. “The OPTI 8 computer enables ponsse forest machine control systems to become more user-friendly in the future,” Savolainen continues.
The PONSSE Opti 8 is standard in PONSSE harvesters and forwarders from the beginning of 2021.
Best features for demanding conditions
- Enables the development of machine information systems for the long term
- Designed to meet the high quality standards of PONSSE forest machines and forest companies.
- Larger 15.6″ screen with top-notch brightness, resolution, and viewing angle.
- Capacitive touchscreen with similar usability to mobile devices.
- Starts immediately even in very cold conditions.
- Windows 10 OPERATING SYSTEM
Ponsse actively develops forest machine information systems. The PONSSE Opti family includes machine control and measuring equipment systems for harvesters, forwarders and tracked applications.
Epec Oy is a system supplier specializing in intelligent machine control systems and advanced electronics for electric machinery. Epec Oy is responsible for the manufacturing design and manufacture of the Opti 8. Epec Oy is a subsidiary of Ponsse Plc.
Forest Machine Magazine is written and edited by a forest professional with over 40 years hands on experience. We are dedicated to keeping you informed with all the latest news, views and reviews from our industry.
To support us you can subscribe to our bi-monthly magazine which is delivered to your door from only £30 per year.